Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June The Busiest Month of the Year











Once I finished teaching piano lessons I thought life would slow down a bit. Boy was I wrong. Life seemed to speed up. Soccer, Baseball, Horsebackriding, recitals, year end facilitator meetings, year end parties, and swimming lessons. I am looking forward to July. Hopefully there will be some lazy days.




We visited Helen Schuler Coulee Center last week and enjoyed an hour stroll through the Old Man River Bottom. The above picture is under the train bridge. We went with my sister Kristina and her two daughters, (Brooklyn is in the picture) and my mom. It is a beautiful area and the kids really enjoyed themselves. We had visited the same area a month before when the leaf buds were just coming out on the branches and everything was still brown. What a difference a month and some rain makes.
















This is a picture of a wild rose. These roses are the official provincial flower of Alberta. I find them so beautiful. I found them near the entrance of the center.






On June 20, Westwind Alternate School held a track meet and a year end pool picnic. Our kids had a great time and did very well. In this picture Adam is getting ready to do the Long Jump. He ended up with a first place ribbon.
Now we are nearing July 1st which is a big deal in our little town. Our town's birthday as well as our country's. Lots of people come home and the town nearly doubles. After that Summer Games (Adam is on the under8 soccer team), then a trip to Miami. I'm sure I will enjoy a few lazy days on the beach watching Adam and Jarett play in the ocean.





No comments: