Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pudding Printing





I decided to throw caution to the wind today and try to teach printing with pudding. I knew that it might get messy but I never expected this.











Jarett who is 7 and not in the picture was just as bad but he couldn't wait for me to download the images on my camera so I would have room on the memory card to take a picture. He wanted in the shower right away.
Note to self, always have the camera ready.
We did this little activity for Jarett, who hates to write and struggles with printing. Even with pudding he didn't last too long. We got to E but he was much more willing to listen and learn how the letters are made. I think they had a fun time.
Adam who is almost 9 practiced his cursive writing. Can you imagine how many kids might just love penmanship if their first exposure to it included playing with pudding? I think we might even maintain the art of penmanship in the age of computers if teachers took this approach.
Well who is to say, but for this family it was a hoot!!! I think big brother and sister will be a little insulted that we didn't include them. Maybe next time.
Karina

1 comment:

stacy nicol said...

Cool! What a great way to encourage writing and ... um...facials.