Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 2

Today went quite well. There were very many happy moments and I am seeing a disturbing trend. My kids want to learn. I had planned a week of light learning along with heavy cleaning to prepare for our first official homeschooling week. Boy was I off base. They are complaining that we aren't learning enough, and I don't think it is because they would rather learn than clean. They just seem more motivated to learn. All of them, even the young ones seem keen to learn. Now this doesn't mean that when we actually do sit down to learn something there isn't fidgeting, fighting, or odd questions out of the blue but they are trying.

We are trying to finish My First Book of Canadian History and today we discussed the Metis Rebellion of 1885. I was pleasantly surprised with how much they remembered from previous conversations and the connections they made.

For "recess" we danced to music very loud, and skipped rope. Well, the kids skipped rope.

We tidied up the 3rd level and Abby and I put together the grocery list so that we could go shopping in the afternoon. Abby and I had a lovely time shopping together. We went to the Teacher Resource store and she purchased a sketch book and two unit studies to work on this year. Ancient Greece and China. She asked if she could get an ipod touch if she completed these materials. Her father and I will have to discuss it but I think it might be a good deal. They are lengthy unit studies that cover all of the subjects while teaching the topics. I hope she enjoys them

Well this isn't a very exciting blog post but I need to be recording the daily successes so when I have those very trying days I can look back and say, "Hey, we are doing alright".

Karina

No comments: