Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Freedom Academy

I have been inspired by one of my very best friends who has such a beautiful blog. Her blog is a record of her family life which includes her homeschooling adventures. I have never been good at keeping records and this seems like a fun way. One thing I really want to do is record the good and the bad so that others who visit this blog might understand the ups and downs of facilitating a child's education. This is difficult to do as I do not want to give any ammunition to opponents of homeschooling but as with any worthy pursuit there will be times of growth and times of failure. There is no shame in failure, as long as we fail forward.

I have given our homeschool the title of Freedom Academy because my main goal is to have my children understand freedom. Freedom of a country, a town, a home, a marriage, an individual life. I desire that my children fully understand choice and accountibility and have the ability to make their own choices regardless of what others may think. I hope that they will understand that knowledge is freedom and that as we pursue an education we gain more and more freedom.

So, I hope what I record here may help others in their own pursuit of freedom but my greatest desire is that it may be an honest record of our own pursuit.

1 comment:

Welcome said...

i visited ur nice blog.
i got a verious of knowledge for me.
a lot of thanks.
be happy to....
------
from MYANMAR.
www.winzaw-mdy.blogspot.com