Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Educational Philosophy

Now, please realize that I retain the right to change my mind but for now I would like to offer this as my educational philosophy. It is short and sweet but workable and for now that is good enough for me.

I want for my children Confidence, Skills, and Inspiration.

Let me elaborate:


Confidence to me means that they have the courage to try new things, meet new people, take intelligent risks, make mistakes and learn from them and to be who they were born to be.

Skills means they have the skills they need to fulfill their purpose in life. Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Cultural and Religious Literacy, Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, Household duty skills, research skills, and relationship skills.

Inspiration in this sense means an ability to hear and understand God's plan for them. I want them to think for themselves and figure out what their spiritual life will be and how they will accomplish the mission God has for them.

I'm sure I will edit and refine this philosophy but for now I am going to work on how this philosophy will be put into practice.

Karina

No comments: