Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two More Finished Millions to Go

Books that is. The kids and their dad just finished James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. They also finished The Secret of Nimh two weeks ago. They are reading machines and I am so excited about it.

James and the Giant Peach was especially fun as Clayton put voices to the characters and made the kids laugh with his funny caterpillar songs. I was very impressed. I am so grateful that he has taken such a big role in our homeschool this year. It frees up time for me to give more individual attention and also gives me time to do some much needed cleaning, though I often find myself gravitating to the livingroom to enjoy the readaloud with everyone.

What will they choose next? Clayton should pace himself though. I'm not sure he can top his performance of James and the Giant Peach.

Karina

No comments: